SUNYIT, the State University of New York Institute of Technology at Utica/Rome, is New York State’s public institute of technology, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in technology and professional studies. The SUNYIT campus is a high-tech learning environment located on hundreds of acres near Utica, N.Y., in the foothills of New York’s Adirondack Mountains.
Established in 1966, SUNYIT was originally a graduate and upper-division institution. Classes were held in temporary locations and at extension sites until the first buildings were constructed on the permanent campus in the 1980s. As part of a substantial expansion in campus infrastructure, a student center, field house, and residence hall were recently completed. The next major construction project planned is a technology complex comprising the Center for Advanced Technology and Computer Chip Commercialization Center.
SUNYIT students come from all over New York, many other states, and more than 20 other nations; a growing number of students also take SUNYIT courses and entire degree programs online. Academic offerings in technology (civil and electrical engineering, computer science, the engineering technologies, cybersecurity, etc.) and professional studies (business, communication, nursing, etc.) are complemented by athletics, recreational, cultural and campus life programs, events and activities.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Institutional Research (IR), the Assistant for Institutional Research provides support that will enable IR to fulfill its mission as “SUNYIT’s official source of data and information.” The Assistant for IR assists the AVP in the provision of data and information to internal constituencies and external agencies and organizations.
The Assistant for Institutional Research will provide support in the following areas.
- Collecting data for the completion of annual reporting/compliance requirements, to include SUNY System Administration, New York State Education Department, and Federal Government
- Coordinating and collecting data for external sources to maintain SUNYIT’s profile in college guidebooks, publications, and websites
- Coordinating and administering survey research on campus for both institutional and national surveys
- Requesting information internal constituents to make data-driven decisions with regard to SUNYIT students and their programs and services, to include collection, verification, input and maintenance of data
- Analyzing of the data derived from the studies conducted
- Maintaining the internal IR website
- Creating and maintaining online surveys for internal projects and studies
- Supporting the AVP with information needed for enrollment management, specialized and institutional accreditation efforts, planning & budgeting, institutional assessment, to include internal websites, compiling materials relevant to evaluation and data collection
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of Institutional Research by performing other duties as assigned
Candidates must have a baccalaureate degree and a minimum of two years’ experience in a higher education setting or an associate's degree and 4-5 years relevant experience. Institutional research experience preferred.
The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are required. Experience in Banner student record keeping system preferred.
Apply online, Include resume, cover letter, and complete contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin 12/16/2012 and continue until the position is filled.