Serving a senior leadership role in the Campus Planning and Facilities department, the Director of AEC Project Services provides administrative and strategic oversight for the University's capital construction and renovation program, and is responsible for advancing capital projects from conception through completion, including new capital construction, renovations and alterations, major renewal and replacement, campus infrastructure, and public works projects. The Director builds partnerships with university leadership, campus stakeholders, consultants, contractors, Board of Regents staff, state and local officials, and students to consistently achieve project objectives in support of the mission, values, and priorities of the University of West Georgia and the University System of Georgia (USG).
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and direct experience with an unrelated Bachelor's degree.
- Seven (7) years experience in capital construction project management including all types of major building construction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent major and minor projects with respect to technical, professional and fiscal issues.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communication.
- Ability to interpret complex design/construction documents and effectively administer design/construction/consultant contracts.
-Proficient in computer applications including MS Office, email, and web-based applications.
- Three years experience in supervision of design and construction professionals
- Three years experience in higher education construction management, preferably in the University System of Georgia.
- Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer certification.
- Skilled in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Proficient in using construction-related computer applications such as AutoCAD, GIS systems, construction workflow applications, Microsoft Project, and CMMS systems.
Salary: $76,200 minimum
Physical requirements/working conditions:
- Must posses a valid driver's license
- Visual acuity sufficient to conduct visual inspections on construction sites, view a computer monitor, and read detailed construction documents
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in hot and cold environments that are typical of construction sites.
- Must sometimes work nights and/or weekends to satisfy work requirements