Job ID: 2012-40299
# Positions: 1
Location: US-MO-St. Louis
Posted Date: 11/28/2012
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Faculty Chair directs and provides leadership for all campus level faculty to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner that achieves superior student outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the recruitment of and selects, onboards, evaluates and supervises qualified faculty for the nursing program.
- Serves as a role model and mentors faculty and students in areas of academic excellence, customer service, collaboration, communication and professionalism.
- Serves on the undergraduate curriculum committee to ensure continuity of program outcomes.
- Solicits recommendations from faculty for academic budget.
- Assists faculty and clinical coordination office for clinical placement of nursing students to meet program objectives.
- Ensures regular meetings of the faculty to facilitate communication and faculty participation in planning, implementing and evaluating the curriculum.
- Administers the implementation and assessment of nursing program curricula on the campus and assigning faculty workloads.
- Communicates with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Monitors student success including student retention, graduation rates, NCLEX pass rates as well as student satisfaction and works with collaboratively with the Center for Academic Success to ensure superior student outcomes.
- Will be responsible to teach up to three courses per year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters degree in nursing required.
- Professional nursing licensure required.
- Minimum two years experience in nursing education required.
- Doctorate degree in nursing required, or credit towards doctorate degree required.
- Previous leadership experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise faculty.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.