The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 6895
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan program and performs high-level executive functions at the University level as outlined below.
University Associate Administrator
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under the leadership of the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Strategic Initiatives, with considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment, the Executive Director of IT Service Delivery will lead a group of IT Directors, Assistant Directors, and Managers charged with providing a diverse and expanding set of production services and application support including monitoring, testing, change control and performance management and the enterprise service desk call center.
Utilizing analytical tools, the Executive Director of IT Service Delivery will plan, manage, and direct all aspects of deploying enterprise applications and services the university's Central Office and 24 colleges. Enterprise applications currently include: Blackboard, Resource 25, Data Warehouse, DegreeWorks, Crystal, Stellent, Vignette, Library applications and the CUNYfirst PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning Project (ERP), which integrates 25 university systems, merging student administration, financial management, and human resources into one amalgamated system
As member of the CIS organizations senior leadership, the Executive Director of IT Service Delivery will play a key role in developing and executing IT strategic plans; designing and implementing a new enterprise data center; deploying CUNY cloud application and Disaster Recovery (DR) services to the campuses, and integrating those services with the university DR site.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage, individually and as part of a team, complex, multiphase projects, from conception to conclusion.
- Work with Deputy CIO and CIO to plan and prioritize technology projects,
- Ensure effective application lifecycle management including implementation, maintenance, upgrade and eventual decommissioning.
- Analyze requirements for decision support, providing relevant, timely, and accurate information to the Deputy CIO and CIO.
- Provide executive leadership and direction to the CIS Technical Support Call Center, Production Services, Application Support and Performance Monitoring and Change Management and or other organizational groups to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Plan and propose policies, budgets, staffing plans and organizational structure to ensure effective service delivery to a wide variety of constituencies in support of the university mission.
- Continuously research the IT industry and University environment to identify emerging internal and external issues and significant environmental changes; keep abreast of new technology developments of potential benefit to the University; and suggest ways of implementing them into current operations.
- Develop benchmarks and strategies for continued operational improvements to effectively manage service levels.
- Oversee personnel functions such as recruiting, training, time and leave, and counseling, with particular emphasis on staff career planning and middle manager professional development.
- Assist the Deputy CIO in setting the management and direction for the enterprise's various service deliveries including setting priorities, coordinating, and reporting of group activities.
- Provide institution-wide support for obtaining data and information and performing analyses in response to information technology specific needs.
- Provide executive technical leadership.
- Serve as a member of the CIS organization's executive leadership team.
- Work to improve communications both internally and externally to enhance real and perceived user satisfaction.
- Participate in college-wide committees and projects as required.
- Develop and present effective status communications for production and planned services for both internal and external consumption.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
A bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Public Administration, Business Administration or other relevant field is required. Successful candidates should have a minimum of ten years of experience showing increasing breadth and scope of responsibilities with at least five years in a supervisory position required.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic leader with the ability to take initiative, use sound judgment to make decisions, resolve problems, and work effectively with all levels of internal and external constituents. He/she will possess an understanding of information technology service delivery including application services, performance and measurement, and have experience with customer service operations. Candidates possessing an understanding of ITIL principles and practices are strongly preferred.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Upload a cover letter* and rsum as ONE DOCUMENT in the RESUME FIELD via our online recruiting and application system, CUNYfirst.
*In your cover letter, specifically describe your work experience as related to the essential general and campus specific duties of this position.
-- REVISED --
Review of resumes will begin on November 28, 2012
Position will be open until filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.