The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic, comprehensive college of nearly 5,000 students. Located in the city of Albany, the heart of New York State’s Capital District, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet. Through a strong liberal education curriculum and progressive academic programs, the College serves traditional students and working professionals in 70 undergraduate and 75 graduate degree and certificate programs.
The College of Saint Rose is an award winning employer. Recently recognized as one of the 2010 “BEST PLACES TO WORK” by the Capital District Business Review, we are also a five-time recipient of the Chronicle of Higher Education’s prestigious ‘GREAT COLLEGES TO WORK FOR” award. Our employees enjoy a close-knit community based on the values of inclusion, honesty, trust, respect, responsibility and the free exchange of ideas.
We are seeking a highly experienced development professional whose passion is to develop and nurture opportunities for alumni to connect and remain engaged with The College of Saint Rose. You'll join the team of professionals in our Office of Institutional Advancement and be responsible for strengthening the bond between the College and its alumni through the development, implementation and marketing of programs and services for all alumni.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Build, nurture and expand relationships with the College’s alumni (personal visits, events, telephone calls, written and e-communications).
- Plan and implement a year-round calendar of diverse and strategic alumni events. Arrange logistics, plan and market, develop and prepare invitations, manage budgets, follow up attendee letters and event evaluation forms and overall event analysis.
- Coordinate and enhance all communications methods for outreach to alumni, with special emphasis on e-communications and social media, including website content, e-newsletter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Manage current Alumni Chapter engagement and create and develop alumni clubs or networks in strategic geographic areas, i.e. Washington, DC, Boston, NYC, Florida.
- Work closely with Alumni Association, Alumni Association Board of Directors and Regional Chapters; develop new and varied communications between groups and members of the Alumni Association at large. Serve as the staff liaison for the Reunion, Awards & Scholarships and Recent & Future Alumni Committees of the Association.
- Plan for and execute a Reunion program that attracts alumni from across generations and grow the number of alumni attendees each year. Includes a full-year timeline of recruitment and support of class volunteers, event planning, and budgeting. Coordination with Annual Giving staff for Reunion fundraising is expected.
- Strengthen current College outreach programs with campus partners such as the Career Alumni Network (CAN) and the Alumni in Admissions (AIA) program. Collaborate with additional on-campus departments to develop further ways for alumni to stay connected with their alma mater.
- Manage the process by which alumni accomplishments are identified, tracked and recognized; summarize the information about such alumni and their outcomes in a consistent, accessible format.
- Receive and respond to alumni inquiries, in person and through correspondence. Research problems and informational requests and respond in a timely and customer-friendly manner.
- Write content for and edit Alumni Section of Saint Rose Magazine.
We require a Bachelor’s Degree as well as:
- At least two years professional work experience managing and organizing constituencies in a membership or development setting
- Volunteer management and event planning experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – successful experience in public speaking/delivering presentations.
- Demonstrated ability and experience preparing effective and persuasive written communications required.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms such as (Facebook, Linked-In, YouTube, Twitter, Flicker, etc.) and how they can outreach to target populations required.
- Intermediate level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Alumna(us) of The College of Saint Rose is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in Higher education setting is preferred
- A comprehensive understanding of Alumni Relations and Development work preferred.
- Experience using development/alumni databases, especially Banner, is preferred.
- Occasional travel and a willingness to work nights and weekends required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle several projects simultaneously; attention to detail and deadlines required.
- Ability to analyze data, monitor budgets and develop successful plans necessary.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer superior health and dental benefits, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, tuition remission for employees and their dependents, and wellness programs including the use of the our fitness center.
For a more detailed description of this opportunity and immediate consideration, open a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by logging on to our website using the following link: www.strose.edu/officesandresources/employment_opportunities 
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.