Requisition Number: 18961BR
University Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Part Time
Duration Type: Fixed
If Fixed Duration, Period: 1 year from date of hire
Other Fixed Duration Date: 30-Dec-2013
If Fixed Duration, is continuation possible?: Yes
Work Week: Flexible Based on Departmental Needs
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: VAMC
1. Examines patients to collect information about their physical condition and establishes a clinical diagnosis.
2. Conducts physicals, provides treatment, formulates a health care plan and counsels patients on various health practices.
3. Encourages compliance with treatments plan through education, assessment of patient understanding and regular patient monitoring.
4. Provides reasonable and prudent medical care, practices appropriate management, and uses sound clinical judgment based on best practice standards and evidenced based medicine.
5. Obtains, compiles, and records patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination.
6. Provides preventive health practices to patients to maintain and improve health and prevent illness.
7. Coordinates patient care including ordering of laboratory tests and radiographic studies.
8. Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
9. Prescribes therapy or medication as necessary.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Master's Degree from an accredited advanced Nurse Practitioner program or graduation from a Physician Assistant (PA) Training Program accredited by the American Medical Association Council on Medical Education.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: No
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.