Posting Title : CLIENT SERVICES SUPERVISOR - 2nd Shift - Large and Small Animal Hospitals
Requisition Number : 1421
City : Grafton
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 01536
Job Description-Overview :
The Client Service Department, in the Large and Small Animal Hospitals, includes Reception (HLA and SAH front desks), Client Liaisons, Switchboard and Medical Records. The primary function of this department is to ensure excellence in client service and client experience in all interactions at the Foster Hospital for Small Animals and the Hospital for Large Animals.
The Client Services Supervisor (2ndt Shift) directly oversees the 2nd shift and weekend switchboard and liaison staff and indirectly oversees the SAH and HLA front desk operations and front desk staff.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Ensuring that the highest quality client services are provided to both external and internal clients.
- As a supervisor, 70% of the work week will be spent covering shifts at the SAH and HLA front desks, Switchboard and Liaison: Performing all reception and phone responsibilities, modeling best practices in client interaction to staff, observing and coaching staff on their transactions, developing relationships with internal and external clients.
- Developing, motivating and empowering staff to be a highly effective customer service team.
- Supporting and working with the Client Service Manager, the Hospital Administrator and Hospital Medical Director in continuous evaluation and improvement on procedures.
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Requirements: High School Diploma or the equivalent with 5 years related experience including customer service and supervisory experience in a service oriented environment OR Bachelor's degree plus 3 years related experience. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Outlook. Strong writing and public speaking skills. Experience with accounting functions such as reconciliations and invoicing. Proven record of establishing/maintaining excellence in customer service and hospitality, as well as implementing policies that improve client service. Proven record of effective staff development and training. Ability to lift up to 35 lbs with or without accommodation.
• 3 years of experience in a related veterinary or human medical field.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Special licenses preferred: certifications in office management, leadership development or client service areas
• Knowledge of medical/veterinary terminology
• Experience preparing and discussing estimates and having discussions with clients about payment options and policies
• Experience working with horses or in the horse industry
Special Work Schedule Requirements: Standard hours are: 2nd shift: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 3pm-11pm, Thursday 1pm-9pm and holiday coverage as assigned. This schedule may vary dependent on staffing needs and hospital case load. Some day time (prior to 2pm) hours will be required for meetings or trainings. This position is considered "essential personnel" which requires reporting to work during University closings and University bonus days.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.