Athletic Training Faculty, Assistant or Associate Professor
Start: Spring 2013
This is a full time faculty position to teach courses in the athletic training baccalaureate program. Teaching responsibilities are assigned by the Math and Science Department chair. This position reports to the Math and Science Department Chair and the VP/Academic Affairs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Teach up to 12 credit hours per fall and spring semester, including but not limited to didactic and clinical Athletic Training classes.
- Evidence of knowledge and skills related to current teaching methodologies, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Demonstrate mastery and scholarship in an appropriate professional field
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of the Math and Science Department.
- Participation in multiple and subjective written evaluations of one's instructional behaviors.
- Promptly evaluate student work and achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to coursework.
- Participate in strategic planning and vision for the Math and Science Department.
- General faculty responsibilities that include:
- Participation in Department meetings
- Provide academic advising and guidance of students
- Crown College committee assignments
- Scheduled 10 hours of office hours per week for student availability.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education.
- Established ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Skill in integrating teaching with an evangelical worldview.
- Be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Master's degree in Athletic Training
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness
- Experience using computer technology in the teaching/learning process
- Demonstrated curricular designing
- Current BOC certification
- Athletic Training clinical experience
- Proof of current NATA membership
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addtion to the minimum qualifications):
- Doctoral degree in Athletic Training or related field
- Familiarity and/or experience with CAATE accreditation, standards and guidelines
- Experience as an ACI/Preceptor
- Experience coordinating student Clinical Education
- Experience advising and professional development of athletic training students
- Active participation in professional organizations and the athletic training profession
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org