Argonne National Laboratory, one of the nation’s largest science and engineering research labs, employs 3,400 employees, including approximately 1,250 scientists and engineers, and supports more than 200 research projects. Our mission is to apply a unique mix of world-class science, engineering, and user facilities to deliver innovative research and technologies. We create new knowledge that addresses the most important scientific and societal needs of our nation. Argonne is located 25 miles southwest of Chicago on a beautiful 1,500-acre campus.
The President of the United States is calling on accelerating technology transfer and commercialization from federally-funded research in order to create new businesses and new jobs. In line with the President's call, we are offering you a fabulous career opportunity to make it happen. The Business Development Executive will identify, evaluate and transfer viable technologies of Argonne National Laboratory to industry.
Specifically your role is:
• Lead the determination of patentability and commercial potential of researchers` inventions; develop value propositions and business strategies, manage projects from disclosure assessment through executing licenses, identify and evaluate IP and help secure optimal patent protection, lead negotiations of license agreements to ensure projects realize expected returns,
• Assists in the establishment of venture start-ups, and
• Prepare, review and approve documents associated with Work for Others (WFO) and Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADA).
To be considered your qualifications must include:
• Experience analyzing commercialization potential for science or engineering based inventions and identifying candidate industry partners,
• Intellectual property management,
• Contract negotiation,
• Developing value propositions and marketing strategies,
• Ability to travel as needed,
• Bachelor degree in science or engineering and 10+ years of directly relevant experience or a graduate degree in science or engineering and 6+ years of directly relevant experience, and
• Experience in supporting formation of start-up companies preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. For consideration, please apply via our website at: http://bit.ly/BusDevelopment .
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity in our workforce.