Trocaire College is seeking a qualified Adjunct Instructor to teach in our Business Program. This class is run on Mondays from 8am- 10:50am at our Williamsville location on Transit Road.
This course includes practical application of microcomputers through the use of software packages. Topics include an overview of the microcomputer hardware and the operating system, an overview of application software including expected features, comparative analysis and integration. Hands-on experience in the use of the operating system, a major spreadsheet package, a major word processing package and a major database package.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Developing course content, assignments and learning activities
• Assigning and grading of class work
• Tracking and reporting student outcomes assessment
• Presenting an engaging class using a variety of teaching techniques to involve students in the learning process
• Tracking student performance and attendance
• Attending required meeting(s)
• Completing all requested reports and grade submissions
• Completing and submitting course evaluation at the end of the semester
• Being available to your students as well as the Program Director throughout the semester both by phone and email
• Master's degree required in the field
• Teaching experience at the post-secondary level highly preferred
• Experience in field highly preferred