Arcadia University located in historic Glenside, Pennsylvania is looking for a motivated and experienced Communication Manger for our University Relations department. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished writer and must have strong verbal communication skills. His/her primary responsibility is to maintain consistent messaging for Arcadia University. The Communications Manager must have higher education experience and the ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. The candidate must have the capacity to take basic information and transform it into a positive, exciting and useful message for University publications, press relations, marketing campaigns, as well as website.
This is a management level position that oversees the Arcadia University message across the academic and departmental units of the institution. The top priority for this position will be to write, research, fact-check, edit and proof University publications, communications and enrollment marketing collateral. He/she will work with the CMCO to develop and implement a yearly University communications plan to create momentum and awareness of Arcadia University across the region, nation and world. He/she is expected to be a thought leader in the department and participate in working groups related to communication across campus.
• Maintain, update and communicate the University Style Guide of writing and uphold a high level of writing standards.
• Create and edit news releases, op-ed pieces, articles that highlight experts on campus, and story development aligned with the mission of Arcadia University to a national and international community.
• Maintain quality control within the department.
• Will serve as managing editor for projects, publications and production cycles.
• Understands how to set marketing goals, generate content to engage different key targets, and lead to measurable actions.
• Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students to communicate and advance the University/Departmental message.
• Familiar with analytics to observe and determine the level of engagement across communications over time to assess effectiveness.
• Ability to work independently; must enjoy creating new initiatives and carry them through to completion.
• Identify specific communications needs and develop the content and process for organizational improvements.
• Develop proposals, write student/donor stories and work with web team to edit web content as needed.
• Coordinate webpage message—ensure that new and consistent information is posted across the site (content audit of website).
Bachelor’s Degree required in English, journalism, communications or a related field. Masters degree preferred.
10 years of communications experience within higher education. Must be proven versatile to fit formats such as website content, marketing publications, and media and news relations.
Confirmed knowledge of and successful work experience with marketing development and branding strategy. Experience working with enrollment management, donor/alumni relations, community relations, and/or academic initiatives strongly preferred.
Skills: Excellent writing and editing skills a must. Must have Public Relations experience. Basic experience with Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Office, as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across the campus community. Must be an independent worker with the ability to create quickly, in a positive manner to motivate staff.
How to apply:
Submit an Arcadia University Employment Application (available electronically at www.arcadia.edu/jobs ), cover letter, resume and names and contact information for three professional references via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate Communications in the subject of the e-mail.
A completed Arcadia University employment application is required for all positions in addition to your resume and names and contact information for three professional references. Resumes received without an employment application will be considered incomplete.
For full consideration, application materials should be received by: November 26, 2012.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. As an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer, Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.