The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 6880
Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
- Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
- Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
- Represents the Admission Office to the colleges internal and external communities as directed
- Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Transfer Evaluation:
- Work with the Central CUNYfirst production team to implement the Transfer Credit automated system.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining equivalency rules in the new CUNYfirst transfer credit evaluation system.
- Work with the transfer evaluation team to implement business practices and work flows to improve the transfer credit process.
- Perform transfer evaluations, and assist in staff training.
- Work with the Registrar's Office to resolve TCE Integration issues with Degree Works and FACTS.
- Assist in the supervision of the Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) unit.
Evening and weekend work may be required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Peoplesoft experience preferred
- Two years of related experience in transfer credit evaluations preferred
Commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu , access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and attached letter of interest, resume and names of three references.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin November 23, 2012
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.