Media Specialist/Client Technologies Analyst
Office of Technology Services
University of Baltimore
Vacancy Number: 300276 Regular non-exempt position with full benefits package
Open Date: 11/7/2012; Closing Date: 11/26/2012
Salary: $40,000 - $43,845
Provides professional media/audiovisual support for University campus including classrooms, auditoriums, special events, video recording, web conferencing, and other events. Provides users with media equipment and support, determines user needs and incorporates them in the design and overall plan for instructional technologies, facilities and support including web streaming, and smart classroom design among others. Accountable for problems escalated from Tier 2 Call Center HEAT tickets. This position also responds to and resolves complex media and instructional technology tasks. Duties include:
• Provide technical assistance, advice, guidance, and training to customers regarding instructional technology, media equipment, and desktop software programs.
• Consult and advise faculty on the use of digital media in the classroom.
• Identify and document department standard operating procedures and provide training materials.
• Provide audiovisual and media support to events for the UB community.
• Troubleshoot given technical problems by analyzing, identifying, diagnosing, and proposing solutions or alternatives.
• Enforce departmental policies and procedures.
• Schedule and maintain video conferencing systems and usage.
• Maintain departmental records/databases by entering pertinent information.
• Evaluate and test new instructional tools for the UB community.
• Deliver training classes that involve digital media hardware and software
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a minimum high school diploma and 2 years of current work experience working with media classroom technology and tools. It is crucial to have excellent technical troubleshooting skills and have the ability to perform diagnostics for media equipment and hardware systematically. The ability to work well in a team, communicate effectively (reading, writing and technical reporting), and deliver exemplary customer service skills is essential.
A bachelor’s degree in instructional design/media or related field is preferred. Knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio, multitrack audio recording and editing software is important to this position. Experience with social media applications preferred (e.g., YouTube, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis). Training background, working knowledge of course management systems, and video conferencing experience also preferred. Flexible schedule required in order to cover hours of operation.
TO APPLY: Include your Vacancy Number on all documents. Electronic submission is expected. Submit a single PDF or Word file with your cover letter, resume, and any additional information you would like to have considered. Visit http://www.ubalt.edu/hr  to review application instructions and then apply.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.
Web: http://www.ubalt.edu/hr