Job ID: 2012-39950
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 11/30/2012
Division: DeVry University
Department: Student Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Student Success Coach I is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and is accountable for attaining performance goals associated with new, continuing and resuming students while upholding academic integrity. In addition, this position is responsible for executing all elements of a proactive student outreach strategy, including face to face meetings, phone conversations, e-mails, and text messages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides proactive outreach and advisement for assigned portfolio of students helping them to persist by addressing individual needs.
- Facilitates the successful transition of new students from the DEM into their first courses including participation in new student orientation.
- Defines and establishes a degree completion plan for each student. Assists student with course registration process.
- Participates in course and/or University withdrawal process.
- Responds timely, empathetically and accurately to student inquiries. Meets established service level agreements.
- Contacts inactive students and assists them in resuming their studies.
- Documents student interactions in appropriate University systems accurately and timely.
- Serves as liaison to other University departments.
- Monitors student attendance and academic progress and intervenes appropriately (student, deans, faculty, etc.).
- May assist Student Success Coach II with special projects or assignments.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Psychology, Counseling, Sales/Marketing, or related discipline. Master’s degree a plus.
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in proactive customer care required.
- Strong PC skills.
- Excellent organization skill.
- Communicates with impact both verbal and written in an accurate, understandable, and succinct manner while adapting communication style to your audience.
- Proactivitely solves problems though asking questions, listening to responses, verifying information, considering alternate conclusions and staying solution-focuses.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.