Northwestern Michigan College is a publicly funded community college that serves people, organizations and businesses. We serve more than 50,000 learners annually throughout the Grand Traverse region and beyond.
NMC offers associate degrees and professional certificates and, through our University Center, nine partner universities grant baccalaureate, graduate and doctoral degrees.
NMC's extensive Extended Education program offers a wide array of non-credit classes to more than 10,000 local residents annually.
Northwestern Michigan College provides lifelong learning opportunities to our communities.
NMC will be the resource of choice for higher education, lifelong learning and cultural experiences. NMC will be an essential contributor to quality of life and a vibrant economy. We will demonstrate collaborative and inventive approaches to education and training for liberal studies, careers, interests and emerging learner markets.
Facts & Statistics
- Northwestern Michigan College serves more than 50,000 learners annually-through academic credit programs, noncredit personal interest classes. organizational training and cultural activities.
- NMC serves more than 4,500 students annually in academic programs.
- More than 10,000 people participate in non-credit community education programs each year.
- NMC's average class size is 20 students.
- NMC faculty members average 15 years of teaching experience at NMC.
- The NMC Foundation, thanks to local donors, offers more scholarship dollars to more students than any community college in Michigan.
- The average earnings of a student with an NMC Associate Degree are more than one-third higher than a student with a high school diploma.
- NMC's University Center is the largest higher education partnership in Michigan, with 10 partner universities that have granted 2,000 degrees since 1995.