Director of Licensure and Field Placement
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg University's Education Department is seeking a new Director of Licensure and Field Placements. This is a full-time, 10-month administrative position. The Director serves as a liaison to the Ohio Department of Education, local schools, and Wittenberg University in order to:
- Coordinate policies, communication, and procedures related to teacher licensure and partnerships with local school districts.
- Develop and nurture partnerships with schools and districts in order to facilitate and coordinate field placements.
- Recommend to ODE those candidates who have completed licensure requirements based on Wittenberg's approved programs of study.
- Serve as a resource person to Wittenberg faculty, candidates, alumni, prospective candidates, and the public concerning inquiries about licensure.
- Develop, disseminate, and collect data relevant to Wittenberg's teacher education licensure programs.
- Assist in candidate's career search and job placement.
The Director will work directly with the Education Department Administrative Assistant, Coordinator for Accreditation and Program Improvement, Department Chair, faculty, and students to facilitate communications among the Ohio Department of Education, local school district personnel, university supervisors, and teacher candidates.
Wittenberg's Education Department is deeply invested in community improvement, and we maintain local, national, and international partnerships that provide our students and faculty with a range of teaching and learning experiences. We are an NCATE accredited institution, and the Education Department cherishes its role as part of Wittenberg's liberal arts tradition.
For this position we require candidates to have completed a Master's Degree and have three years of experience in education, public relations, or related fields that may have provided supervision and/or self-directed work experience.
Review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and make application through our online system. To apply, please upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.