PeopleSoft Payroll Senior Application Specialist
The University Information Technology Services (UITS) is seeking talented and motivated IT professionals. UITS is a department of the President's Office located in Shrewsbury, Ma. with responsibility to provide central administrative services to the UMass 5 campuses and President's Office.
UITS is currently seeking a Senior Applications Specialist to fill the role of Payroll Functional Lead for the University. The current platform is PeopleSoft V9.2 /PeopleTools V8.54 and is integrated with other ERP and third party products.
The role is primarily responsible for the support of the campus business operations through centrally administered software systems requiring a broad application of principles, theories and concepts of enterprise software and a working knowledge of related fields. Participates in the development of functional specifications, delivers on project tasks, and ensures the accuracy of application systems documentation.
- Payroll Functional Lead provides support for the PeopleSoft Payroll module :
- Ensures that the University bi-weekly payroll is completed on time to meet bank deadlines.
- Requires a strategic thinker to turn ideas into reality through team work, problem solving and critical thinking. Should be a problem-solver and handle dilemmas and/or conflicts effectively.
- Familiarity with business processes and procedures as they relate to payroll.
- Experience with all aspect of gross to net payroll including familiarity with payroll taxes, garnishment processing, benefit and general deductions.
- Can successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Analyze and trouble shoot operational issues.
- Responsible for providing direction and support to the HR Operations group.
- Create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Work with development team to design and implement system modifications, works with the business to get the product tested and therefore ensures successful delivery of the work products.
- Work on cross functional projects with groups such as HR, Payroll, Benefits, and Time and Labor.
- Responsible for payroll Calendar Year End processing for W2 and 1042's.
- Responsible for W2C Quarterly filings.
- Ensure system remains current and compliant through application of Oracle Tax Updates and Bug releases.
- Work with Oracle to drive issues to resolution.
- Work with management to improve operational standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with campus constituents to:
- Translate functional business requirements into design criteria
- Prioritize work to meet campus expectations and deadlines
- Document functional specifications
- Provide operational payroll support and knowledge transfer to the campuses.
- Collaborate with corporate Treasury and Tax constituents to:
- Participate in Monthly Tax meetings with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Work directly with the Tax department for Calendar Year End processing.
- Minimum of 5-7 years PeopleSoft experience with a strong focus on North American payroll
- Minimum of 7-10 years functional payroll management experience.
- PeopleSoft 9.x experience
- Upgrade and implementation experience
- Ability to work on all project phases
- Solid understanding of setup tables, W-2s, year-end processing, entire HCM/payroll cycle, processes, and reporting
- Experience testing and applying Tax Updates
- Understand integration of Time and Labor, HR and Benefits into PeopleSoft Payroll
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PS Query/SQL/Excel
- Certified Payroll Professional (highly desired)
- Experience with Public Sector or Higher Education (highly desired)
- Exceptional skills in providing quality customer service to multiple organizations within the enterprise.
- Peoplesoft 9.2 experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from a variety of backgrounds including business Directors across 6 campuses, technology resources, and business process owners.
No relocation assistance is provided.
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with candidate's experience.
The University of Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages the nominations and candidacies of women and minorities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Letter of Application/Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UMass System Office Careers Account - to check your completed application.