CONNECTED LEARNING DIRECTOR
Duties: The Director of Online Programs has responsibility for implementing a strategic plan for the creation and delivery of a portfolio of Wharton Executive Education's (WEE's) online, non-credit courses and modules aimed at global audiences of mid to senior level managers. These duties include P&L responsibilities. Consistent with the academic quality and rigor expected of the Wharton School, it is envisioned that these courses and modules provide meaningful learning experiences that take advantage of the diverse geographic locations and perspectives of participants and instructors, and are of a quality that is consistent with that of the traditional classroom.
The Director oversees the use of technical platforms and tools in online components of executive education blended programs; monitors competitive offerings, services, and pricing models of other executive education providers; engages in meetings with client companies regarding course design, assists with faculty development in use of online technologies; and contributes to a comprehensive business plan that will be expected to generate sustainable revenue and margin and serve as a foundation for future organizational growth.
Qualifications: * A Bachelor's Degree and 7 to 10 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Master's Degree in instructional design, Education, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
* Fluency in course management systems and common tools and processes used in online course design.
* Understanding of current and future trends in business as well as online learning.
* Ability to design courses in conjunction with accomplished and demanding subject matter experts.
* Entrepreneurial thinker able to thrive in a start-up environment embedded within an established business.
* Ability to communicate ideas to senior and executive audiences, both in public forums and in written communication.
* ROI driven problem solver. Thinks strategically and creatively across multiple platforms.
* A strong desire to contribute and work collaboratively to achieve goals.
* Independent, self-confident, and highly credible in representing Wharton Executive Education.
Reference Number: 07-21204
Salary Grade: 030
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Executive Education
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration