Application Specialist I
The University Information Technology Services (UITS) department within the University of Massachusetts is seeking talented and motivated IT professional to join our growing Document Imaging team. UITS is a department within the President's Office located primarily in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts and is responsible for providing central administrative services to the five campuses and President's Office of the University of Massachusetts system.
We are seeking a member of the Document Imaging team to support a growing user base as campuses expand the use of this technology. This person not only understands the role that technology can play in supporting, streamlining and improving business processes but also embraces it. The ideal candidate should possess strong technical, analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively building relationships with our partners on campus.
As a member of the Document Imaging team, a key aspect of this position centers on collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams both within UITS and throughout with our campus partners. The successful candidate is able to translate business needs into user-centric technical designs; follow through the project lifecycle, and develop solutions that add significant, measurable business value.
- Member of the team responsible for delivering enterprise level imaging solutions for campus business offices.
- Participate in the design and configuration of document imaging solutions using Perceptive Software's Image Now software, including workflow, security, and Java Scripting.
- Support campus business offices using document imaging, including troubleshooting issues, identifying solutions, testing and delivering fixes as needed.
- Serve as a member of a project team as needed to deliver document imaging and workflow functionality to new business offices as the use of the application grows across the campuses.
- Work closely with end users to understand business requirements and processes.
- Work with developers to turn technical requirements into end user solutions.
- Serve as resource for the document imaging staff on the technical requirements of the environment needed to support the application, including understanding server requirements, operating systems and file systems.
- Work with the technical architecture team to identify specifications and requirements to insure a stable environment for the document imaging application.
- Work with the technical architecture team to resolve issues impacting the availability, stability and functionality within the document imaging environment.
- On-call availability.
Qualifications and Specific Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Management Information Services, Computer Science or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience with Perceptive Software's ImageNow document imaging system or an equivalent software package.
- Ability to understand and work with PowerShell as needed.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with solid knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines as required.
- Project lifecycle experience, including requirements gathering, design and configuration, build and test, training, product deployment and support.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team; interact with a management and staff at all levels, including a diverse end user population.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a University or Higher Education setting preferred.
This is a full-time exempt position, located in Shrewsbury, MA.
Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with candidate's experience. No relocation assistance available.
The University of Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages the nominations and candidacies of women and minorities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Letter of Application/Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UMass System Office Careers Account - to check your completed application.