Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources - Operations and Services
Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources- Operations and Services
Dallas County Community College District
Provides district-wide leadership in delivering the DCCCD’s human resources programs and services. Responds to infrastructure needs to support college and district location operations. Ensures that HR operations are delivered in a uniformly high quality, efficient and law/policy/Human Resource Operational Guidelines-compliant manner, across the district. Supports Executive Vice Chancellor, Chancellor and college presidents in meeting organizational and employee needs for human resource solutions that support and further district and college mission.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Leave accrual updates
· Benefits communication and administration
· Criminal background checks
· Sick leave pool
· Bilingual testing
· Input of “restricted” matters: TED’s, corrections with Colleague ERP
· Ad Hoc position reviews
· Regular cycle of position review
· Performance evaluation
· Annual Awards
· Retiree database
· Visiting Scholar database
· Manages, revises upon need or for improvement and provides support for district-wide hiring processes including:
· Adjunct database
· Recruiting tactics
· Application process and tracking
· Diversity improvements
· Interview practices
· Training for search committees
· Coaching to assist in successful hiring decisions
· Functions as senior administrative resource for:
· Interpretation of Human Resource Operational Guidelines
· FMLA Guidelines
· Benefits questions
· Provides for interface between Payroll and HR processes
· Provides for employment/employee relations
· Ensures timely review of HROG and HR Policy
· Provides leadership for district-wide compliance to HROG, policy and applicable state and federal labor statues
· Ensures accuracy and relevance of DCCCD Human Resources Web content
· Acts as primary DHR liaison to District Organization Development departments
· Assesses needs for district human resource training; assists in development of needs-appropriate training materials and delivery.
· Assists Executive Vice Chancellor in responding to PSSA and Faculty Council issues, inquiries and questions
· Designs and executes a staffing plan to meet requirements through selection, training, evaluation and supervision of assigned staff.
· Develops and manages assigned budget
· Other duties as assigned
Physical Effort Requirements
The position works with light, easy to handle materials requiring little physical effort.
Location of Position
District Operations (DO/DSC) Dallas, TX
Executive Vice Chancellor, Business Affairs and the Chancellor
Master’s degree or higher with five years high-level human resource management including supervision in an organization of similar size and complexity as DCCCD or a Bachelor’s degree with ten years of the same type of experience as described herein. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, generate reports, prepare spreadsheets/reports, and inter-office communications. Oral and written communication skills required to enable presentation of complex topics and information, recommendations for improvement or change to individuals from varying diverse backgrounds, educational and experiential levels. The ability to provide quality customer service. Official transcripts will be required.
To be considered for the position, the applicant must complete and submit the following items by 5:00 PM (CST) on September 26, 2014:
NOTE: We will only contact your current employer if you are selected as the final candidate.
The seven independently accredited colleges of the Dallas County Community College District are part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas County Community College District complies with the Americans With Disabilities and Veterans Act. If you require special accommodations in order to apply for a position, please contact David Gomez & Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org.