SR Accounting Manager II
Job ID: 37374
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 01/01/9999
Sponsored Research Administration -- Accounting
- Manages the review and payment process for subrecipients of sponsored research contracts and grants in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and terms of the award.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a risk assessment and monitoring plan for subrecipients
- Reviews and analyzes the audit reports and financial statements for subrecipients, identifying and following up on findings, corrective actions and concerns
- Maintains documentation of subrecipient monitoring efforts
- Conducts annual site review visit for subrecipients deemed to require closer scrutiny
- Manages cash operations for Sponsored Research Administration, including the application of sponsored payments to the appropriate contracts or grants, reconciling bank statements, resolving accounting discrepancies and monitoring the Letter of Credit draw down of funds
- Supervises 2 employees
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director
A Bachelor's degree and one year experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to five years.
Knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles.
Knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted auditing standards and generally accepted governmental auditing standards.
Experience in conducting audits.
Experience reviewing financial statements.
Knowledge of accounting systems and practices.
Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and problem-solve data and accounting problems.
Ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
Excellent communication skills coupled with quality customer service.
Experience prioritizing and multi-tasking in a team-oriented environment.
Computer skills to include experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Contract and grants experience
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and 7 years of appropriate experience
Anticipated Salary Range
$50,000 - $60,000.
Background Check Requirements
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check to include fingerprinting.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific vacancy as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Contracts and Grants
The position is funded by contract and grant monies.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf