Budget Title: same as above
Department: School of Dental Medicine
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Required Qualifications: Baccalaureate Degree. Certified Dental Technician qualified. Skilled in the application of dental laboratory procedures, specifically in crown and bridge and CAD/CAM and digital technology. At least two years experience in the management/supervision of a full service laboratory. Computer skills to include the ability to create and use laboratory software, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Preferred Qualifications: Two or more years of experience as a recognized instructor of dental laboratory digital methodology.
Responsibilities & Requirements: The Clinical Instructor will provide instruction, support research, and participate in continuing education programs in order to support the mission of the School of Dental Medicine (SDM). The incumbent will develop, implement and manage a financially sustainable school-based dental laboratory with facility and equipment reflecting current concepts of dental technology.
As a laboratory administer, the successful candidate will:
- Plan and operate all aspects of the laboratory.
- Reorganize the dental laboratory to increase production and efficiency.
- Prepare the dental laboratory budget.
- Introduce and support digital CAD/CAM technology in the dental laboratory.
- Manage/supervise and evaluate staff.
- Oversee dental laboratory research projects.
- Perform quality assurance.
- Prepare instructional material and programs for the pre- and post-doctoral residents and students.
- Instruct the technical component of dental technology as appropriate to the dental technicians and faculty.
- Develop and Coordinate curriculum for dental laboratory technology.
- Participate in SDM Continuing Education Programs.
Special Notes: This is a non-tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated start date: as soon as possible.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter and resume/CV to:
Ms. Carol Sloane
School of Dental Medicine, Dental Care Clinic
Sullivan Hall, Room 184
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8705
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 08/22/2014, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: A2) Health Science and Medical Center Faculty.
Posting Date: 08/10/2014