Department Name Truck Driving Academy
Campus or Location WEDD 23555 Euclid Ave
Vacancy Number 233-14
Reports To Program Manager
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Facilitates training for students of the College's Truck Driving Academy, including leadership and control of classroom, lab and practical activities.
-Teaches students skills and knowledge necessary to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B including all endorsements.
-Monitors attendance and maintains student records.
-Assists in program compliance with State requirements.
-Performs other related duties as assigned.
-High school diploma or GED.
-Three years verifiable CDL Class "A" driver’s license with driving experience in all weather conditions.
-Must have Ohio Class "A" CDL license.
-Clean driving record, no more than 2 points and/or 2 moving violations in the previous three years.
-No OVI, DUI or Reckless Operation convictions ever.
-Must meet College insurance requirements.
-Must pass DOT physical and drug screening examination.
-No criminal convictions in the last 10 years.
-Must pass Ohio Department of Public
Safety background check.
-Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to function as a self-motivated team player,capable of working with minimal supervision.
-Ability to stand and walk a large portion of the day.
-Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals from diverse and multi-ethnic backgrounds and sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Computer proficiency desired.
- Ohio Department of Public Safety CDL instructor's license.
- Smith System Driver Safety Training.
- Completion of the National Safety Council Defensive Driver's Training for Commercial Drivers.
Various hours as needed.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date 06/09/2014
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled No
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Do you have a minimum of High school diploma or GED and three years verifiable CDL Class "A" driver's license with driving experience in all weather conditions?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter