Clinical Instructor - Nurse Practitioner
Budget Title: same as above
Department: Pediatrics, Primary Care
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC*
Required Qualifications: New York State License as a Nurse Practitioner. Master's degree in Nursing or completion of a course for Nurse Practitioner and certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. At least one year of clinical experience working in Pediatrics. Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to carry out assignments independently.
Preferred Qualifications: Five or more years of clinical experience working in Pediatrics.
Responsibilities & Requirements: The Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (PNP) will provide direct care to patients in the Division of Pediatric Primary Care Medicine at the Stony Brook LI Children's Hospital and at the satellite practice locations in collaboration with an Attending Physician. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide coverage with physician back-up one weekend a month.
- Provide education to staff nurses.
- Confer with patient(s) to obtain accurate information for records, explain procedures, ally fears, and elicit cooperation and engagement in the plan of care.
- Ensure execution of provider established plan of care including, but not limited to, follow up visits, specialist consultations, diagnostic lab, imaging studies and/or procedures.
- Contribute to patient care through patient and family education, population health management, encouraging patient self-management, distributing resource literature and community service recommendations and referrals as needed.
- Serve as the liaison with physicians and practice administration to ensure efficient effective patient care services.
- Provide required support to the Hospital-Medical home grant implementation.
- Assist in the annual review of Nurse Practitioner Protocols.
Special Notes: This is a non-tenure track position. This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible. **Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Nights and weekends will be required. These positions are located at the Stony Brook LI Children's Hospital. Occasional travel to various satellite facilities in Suffolk County may be required.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application, cover letter, and resume/CV to:
Margaret M. McGovern, MD, PhD
Stony Brook Children's Hospital
Professor and Chair
Department of Pediatrics
Health Sciences Center, T-11, Room 020
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8111
Fax#: (631) 444-7865
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 09/04/2014, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: A2) Health Science and Medical Center Faculty.
Posting Date: 06/09/2014
Additional Categories: D2) Nursing - Open to all.