Coordinator of Career and International Services
Location: Washington, DC
Office Building/Campus: Washington, DC
Home Department: Career Services
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Part time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The part-time Coordinator of Career and International Services holds functional responsibility in two primary areas
Career Services-The Coordinator is responsible for meeting the career and professional needs of students and alumni at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. Principal responsibilities include program implementation for career services including onsite and remote in the areas of career development, review of student/alumni job search correspondence, workshop development, and organization of professional development opportunities.
International Programs & Services-The Coordinator will serve as the Designated School Official (DSO) of the DC Campus providing immigration advising and support for international students. Additional responsibilities include serving as the study abroad liaison for the DC Campus, event planning, data management, and serving as a general operations resource for the department. The Coordinator works with both internal and external constituents to fulfill essential duties.
Career Services (75%)
- Advise students, alumni, and prospective students career related matters including internship, practicum, and the job search process
- Work with the National Director in developing and overseeing web-based delivery and distance learning programs related to career services
- Manage all logistics for career services events on and off campus
- Collaborate with key Chicago School departments across all campuses
- Oversee career services technology offerings
- Assist with program evaluation and data management needs
- Develop and foster new and existing employer relationships
- Support and advance the mission, vision, and values of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements
- Manage a Peer to Peer Mentor Program including selection, training and evaluation of mentors
- Assist the National Director as needed
International Programs and Services – DC Campus (25%)
- Serve as Designated School Official (DSO) for the DC Campus for all international students sponsored by TCSPP in F-1 status
- Provide proficient immigration advice and support for prospective, new, and continuing international students
- Work with Director of International Admissions to ensure a smooth transition for new international students by collaborating on communication and relevant support services
- Maintain and update records for international students to ensure TCSPP provides excellent support for maintaining non-immigrant status as set by Federal Regulations
- Collaborate with Educational Support Programs team to ensure that current news and changes in immigration regulation is relayed to DC students in a timely and effective manner
- Manage international student integration into the school with information about housing options, financial services, and available academic resources
- Hire, train, oversee, and evaluate the work of the International Graduate Assistant
- Ensure the successful execution of international student orientation
- Collaborate on and occasionally lead international student programming initiatives
- Consult DC Campus student files for study abroad eligibility
- Lead International Education Week events relating to study abroad
- Collaborate with DC campus faculty on study abroad information sessions and promotion events
- A Master's Degree in a related discipline and experience in counseling, career and executive coaching, career services, advising, human resources, recruiting, higher education administration, business, or a related field are strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of career advising/counseling and/or training experience in a university career development center or corporate career development is strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with working with diverse student population.
- Experience with computer and web technology uses in career development and career services is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of and/or experience working with graduate level students and alumni.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org. TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events. TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.