The Senior/Instructional Technologist leads and provides support for all innovation projects with a primary focus on investigating and experimenting with new technologies. This senior position requires partnering with faculty to advance the innovations within the curriculum; engaging the community in the area of innovative learning technologies; and working with stakeholders to increase visibility and the speed at which we innovate Babson’s learning technology tools and platforms. Position includes researching, benchmarking and documenting innovation tools; as well as training faculty and other members of the Babson community.
• Manage, maintain, extend, and promote Babson’s innovation platform including the Innovation Pipeline and Ideation application to increase visibility to the innovation process and grow Babson community engagement.
• Maintain the learning technologies toolkit. Identify resources and tools that support teaching and learning.
• Benchmark and assess the current Babson tools platform as they compare to other similar institutions.
• Research and investigate emerging learning theories, methodologies, trends, and applications related to the use of technology for the curriculum.
• Partner with faculty in learning and optimizing the use of existing learning theories/tools and in the researching, testing, and application of new learning theories/tools.
• Independently manage the day-to-day intake of content into the innovation and ideation platforms making decisions about what should be included, edited, or removed.
• Act as Project Manager for projects and pilots and support other PMs.
• Take a lead role in the documentation of pilots, transitions, innovations, and projects.
• Responsible for writing of community updates to communicate and market innovative technology used at Babson.
• Train end users and trainers on the use of new technologies in one-on-one and group sessions which includes independently creating training materials and documents as needed.
• Mentor Instructional Technologists as needed.
• Serves as a primary resource to Blended Learning Group Instructional Designers to support instructional.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
• 7-10 years of experience (Senior Instructional Technologist) or 5+ years (Instructional Technologist) demonstrated expertise in
o Working with faculty
o Distance Learning
o Instructional Design
o Rich media content development
• Strong Relationship and project management skills.
• Strong Research & Analytical skills
• Demonstrated experience with:
o Learning Management Systems (Blackboard preferred)
o Learning Content Management Systems (Blackboard Content Collection preferred)
o Google Apps for Education
o Synchronous Learning Platforms (WebEx, Adobe Connect, Collaborate or similar)
o Wikis, Blogs and Discussion boards as collaborative education tools
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Able to work with individuals with wide range of educational and technical expertise
• Adaptable to change and capable and willing to learn new things quickly
• Entrepreneurial attitude and a strong desire to be part of a world-class organization
Additional Skills and Abilities:
• Passionate advocate for technology’s evolving role in education
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
Babson College is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.