Faculty Program Director, AD Nursing - School of Nursing
The roles and responsibilities of the Faculty Program Director, AD Nursing within the School of Nursing include participation in undergraduate curriculum development, implementation and evaluation; recruitment and evaluation of adjunct faculty and subject matter experts; and creation and delivery of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources. Faculty Program Directors are expected to serve on College-wide and School of Nursing committees, subcommittees, and task forces and to participate in professional development and community activities.
The skills and knowledge required for the position include curriculum development, ability to collaborate with adjunct course and examination developers and instructional and clinical faculty. The Faculty Program Director must have a working knowledge of ADA compliance, instructional design, examination development, adult learning strategies, and educational technology. The Faculty Program Director reports to the Assistant Dean of the School of Nursing. This is a non-tenured faculty position with emphasis on participation as a team member in growing and refining the nursing programs. This is a full-time position with benefits located in Albany, NY.
Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Curriculum Development, Delivery, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Chair/participate in committees and subcommittees.
- Ensure integrity of the undergraduate curriculum.
- Oversee development, revision, and evaluation of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
- Implement, evaluate, and revise courses, assessments, and online learning activities.
- Participate in recruitment of adjunct faculty for instruction, clinical evaluation, examination, and course development.
- Participate in development of nursing curricula.
- Collaborate with other units to develop and implement student services.
Develop, Coordinate, and Administer Courses, Assessments, and Additional Learning Resources
- Assure consistency in the administration of courses and assessments.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation and quality improvement:
- Of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
- In relation to scheduling courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
- Recruit, orient, and evaluate adjunct clinical and/or instructional faculty.
Human Resource Manager
- Recruit and hire adjunct faculty.
- Mentor and coach new adjunct faculty.
- Support adjunct faculty development, retention, and satisfaction.
- Evaluate adjunct faculty performance.
College and School of Nursing Responsibilities
- Participate in:
- School of Nursing and College-wide committees and activities.
- Activities supportive of the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Nursing.
- Marketing and outreach activities.
- Quality improvement, student satisfaction, and retention activities.
- Support the School's and College's strategic plans.
Professional Development and Community Activities
- Engage in scholarly activities supportive of the School and the College including research, participation in professional organizations, and/or publications and presentations.
- Participate in activities in service to the profession of nursing.
- Participate in continuing education and professional development activities.
- Engage in community service.
- Represent the College at professional meetings and forums.
A Master's Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution is required. An earned doctorate or significant progress toward completion of the doctorate is preferred. Other qualifications include:
- A license to practice as a registered professional nurse or eligibility for licensure in New York State.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience in nursing education and curriculum development.
- Experience with distance education preferred.
Travel is required of all faculty. The amount of travel varies and may be extensive.
Application Information: Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information http://www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Faculty Program Director, AD Nursing Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population