Health Sys Database Analyst III
Top level ability to extract specifications, to design and develop or modify complex database structures in a relational or object oriented environment. Designs, codes, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Applications generally deal with original program development and support of locally developed programs. Competent to work on all phases of database development, and as a member of a larger programming team. Is familiar with distributed computing environment, database tuning methodologies, naming conventions , extraction, transformation and query methodologies.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Develop or modify complex databases
- Produce clearly written, logical code with minimal error
- Adhere to internal database installation/backup standard
- Adhere to quality and programming standards
- Ensure appropriate documentation for all development and modification
- Provides full documentation of code, to include higher-level block diagrams, data field definitions and metadata. Identifies complex logic area and documents the design tradeoffs and approach taken.
- Ensure the integrity and security of institutional data.
- Follow change management procedures.
- Adhere to confidentiality and security policies and procedures.
- Test and verify accuracy of data.
- Provides adequate security through identification of user types in conjunction with the user department.
- Performs design reviews and technical reviews when appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance to users
- Provides expert level support for problem determination and resolution.
- Provides innovative solutions to working within the constraints of environment
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with other workers and customers
- Provide on-call support during and after business hours
- Is up to date on emerging techniques and technologies
Job requires Bachelor's and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-VMG Business Office - Blakemore
Organization Quality, Safety & Risk Prevent 108633