Senior Security Systems Integrator
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Security Systems Integrator (Sr. SSI) position within the Division of Information Technology will be crucial in the development and maintenance of routine to moderately complex Access Control, CCTV and Intrusion Detection Systems. The Sr. SSI ensures the delivery of high quality and accurate service across University departments and campuses.
This position is responsible for routine customer support, operational activities, implementation, design and basic reporting. In addition, this position uses multiple sources of input, develops and maintains GW security standards, works with outside contractors, and identifies areas for improvement. he incumbent will be an active participant in all phases of project development.
NOTE: This is a temporary three (3) month position.
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Location Rome Hall - 801 22nd St NW - FB0029
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom
Division/Vice President: Executive Vice President and Treasurer (EVPT)
College/School/Department: Not Applicable
II. POSITION INFORMATION
Internal Applicants Only? No
Position Type: Technical
Posting Number: Staff - 003657
Working Title: Senior Security Systems Integrator
Total Hours Per Week:
Recruitment Salary Range:
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification, Credit
If other was selected above, or there are special requirements, please explain.
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicant Review Will Commence On:
III. JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication,respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
An Associate's Degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus seven years of relevant experience. Degree requirements may be substituted for a combination of education, training and experience. This position requires a background check including Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, Prior Employment Verification, and Credit.
• Experience working with and enterprise level access control system is preferred.
• Proven experience in low voltage wiring, including code requirements, installations, running conduit, troubleshooting and working with security system hardware
• Extensive working experience analyzing and designing physical security related strategies.
• Understanding of safety concepts working with low voltage systems, building materials including hazardous materials training is preferred.
• Extensive working experience working in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of successful security implementation
• Prior IT experience and strong computer skills are a plus.
• Proficient in networking concepts: LAN, sub netting and VLANs.
• Working knowledge of CBORD and CS Gold Application including components for Access Control is preferred
• Experience with the installation and configuration of AXIS cameras (or similar) is highly desired.
• Experience with DMP alarm panels is preferred.
• Experience with Aero POS (Point of Sales) devices is preferred, including other demonstrated POS device experience.
• Experience with best practice documentation of procedure(s) (ITIL).
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Experience and/or willingness to mentor others are preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite is preferred.
• Strong analytic skills with special attention to detail working in a multitasking environment.
• Ability to be flexible, client service-oriented, in a knowledge sharing working environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a three (3) month position hired through ColonialTemps, GW’s internal temporary staffing service. To be considered for this temporary position submit your application and resume via this posting.
System maintenance of IDS, AACS, POS, Vending, CCTV Systems and the wireless door lock system throughout campus.
Assign and program access for all employees, planning, creating and programming new devices within the CBORD, CS Gold application and configurations.
Installation and maintenance of access control system (ACS) for new and reoccurring projects or installations, through wiring, mounting of hardware and configurations of GW approved equipment.
Performs routine system maintenance and troubleshooting, including generating and analyzing reports of system activity.
Plan, design, recommend, and execute the installation and operation of the three systems (IDS, CCTV & Access Control Systems) in conjunction with project planning efforts, to include maintaining the integrity of the security program.
Coordinate management of the Access Control, IDS, and CCTV Systems which requires creating access hierarchy, analysis, trouble shooting, installing software upgrades, partitioning/formatting of database, and assigning levels of access to personnel.
Participate in management discussions including program plans, new construction, renovations, expansions, proposed moves and budget execution.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
The George Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.