Financial Assistance Advisor, LEON (FY15-09)
The Financial Assistance Advisor assists in the administration of a comprehensive student financial assistance program for all campuses of the college, including scholarships, grants, loans, tuition waivers, and student work-study employment; with funds from federal, state, institutional, CSM Foundation, and private sources. Additionally, the Advisor conducts presentations (financial assistance outreach programs) at high school “College Nights”.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. four days a week, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. one day a week. Flexibility is required for occasional evening and weekend hours.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Credit Background Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm EST Thursday, 08/14/14. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- One to three years of directly related work experience in financial assistance programs preferred
- Proven organizational skills that include multi tasking, ability to work independently and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, peers, and community
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience with integrated data systems