Associate Sports Information Director - Athletics (S038)
Be the primary contact for Azusa Pacific men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s basketball, women’s swimming & diving, women’s water polo, baseball and men’s and women’s tennis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three - five years sports information experience.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing NCAA Division II.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Oversee student affinity programs for athletics and serve as the department’s contact and advisor for the student club known as the “Zu.”
- Assist athletic development in student promotions and activities for athletic contests
- Oversee promotions and news updates through Cougar Athletics social media outlets
- Oversee press operations for the home contests of the aforementioned sports and assure the public address, statistical compilation and game clocks are properly equipped and staffed.
- Has the ability to fill any of the aforementioned positions upon need.
- Will also assist with home contests of football and from time-to-time men’s basketball.
- Will work closely with the sports information director in producing annual media guides for the aforementioned sports.
- Will also write game programs for the aforementioned sports and write feature stories for the athletics web page.
- Will promote feature stories in the San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Los Angeles Times and local hometown newspapers.
- Will also promote and maintain contact with the NCAA national office concerning media relation issues of assigned sports.
- Must maintain current cumulative statistics on assigned sports and distribute those stats on a timely manner to coaches, media and opposing schools.
- Will also research the history of assigned sports and maintain accurate and complete records on those sports.
- Will assist in producing content of the Azusa Pacific athletics web page and be the primary contact person for its timely updates and design.
- Write features for APU Life Magazine, assist with the Cougar Hall of Fame program, and work with the committee on the look and presentation of the Hall of Champions.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and minister to adults and students.
- Commitment to Christian lifestyle; spiritual maturity.
- Knowledge of structure and philosophy of athletics organizations and programs.
- Demonstrated writing and oral communication skills.
- Computer and desktop publishing proficiency.
- Conversant with web design and publishing concepts.
- Media and community relations experience.
- Photography skills.
- Interpersonal communication, assessment, evaluation.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Moderate activity, including, but not limited to full range of arm motion, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, pulling.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Broad observation on fields/courts of play, see objects moving quickly.
- Environmental demands include, but are not limited to climate controlled indoor environment and potential exposure to outdoor elements including sun, wind, and temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, photo editing software, and Adobe desktop publishing software.
- Proficient in effective marketing and news distribution using social media for institutional use.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.