Dean of Students-Academic Affairs & Student Services
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Student Services, the Dean is responsible for the administration and leadership of the Office for Students with Disabilities, Veterans Center, Health Services, Student Activities, Athletics and Fitness Programs, the Student Code of Conduct and Judicial Affairs, and supervision of counseling staff. Responsibilities will include program development that fosters student engagement, leadership opportunities, and success; program assessment; cultivating a College climate that is welcoming and supportive of BHCC”s diverse student body; ensuring compliance with state, federal and other reporting regulations; hiring, training, and staff evaluation; budget development and management.
- Master’s degree in student development or related area
- Substantial successful student services administrative experience in higher education
- Experience working directly with students in student services areas of higher education
- Knowledge of program regulation requirements
- Experience in the recruitment, supervision, evaluation, professional development and supervision of staff
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and innovative student development programs
- Demonstrated capacity to foster and manage change in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated ability to effectively mediate and resolve conflict
- Experience with program assessment and/or strategic planning
- Successful experience in ensuring compliance with related regulations
- Proven ability to promote and foster a Learning Community philosophy of teaching
- Demonstrated ability to promote the expanded application of technology to service delivery and systems management
- Demonstrated commitment to programs leading to student success and completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to promote collaboration among departments
- Experience in developing and managing budgets effectively
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a community college and student-centered learning environment
Salary Range: $112,000.00 - $117,000.00
Effective Date: To Ensure Consideration All Application Materials Must Be Received By September 4, 2014.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: www.bhcc.mass.edu/employment. Fax transcript files to (617)-228-3328.