Government Faculty (Richland 7082)
Division: LEAD - Richland
Position Number: 081407082
Position Type: Faculty
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Appointment Type: Full Time
Is Grant Funded?: No
Salary: Nine months salary ranging from $44,485 - $50,869 based on education and experience. Extra service and summer compensation possibilities in addition to 9-month contract (Comprehensive benefits package).
Work Days/Hours: Teach 5 classes; Minimum of 30 campus hours
Posting Number: 03029
Job Description Summary/Essential Duties:
Teaches students effectively in assigned classes and maintains office hours for student consultation in accordance with procedures outlined in the Dallas County Community College Board Policy Manual and/or agreed upon with immediate supervisor. Provides students with a written course syllabus that should include items specified by the college and/or Dallas County Community College System. Participates in the evaluation of the instructional process and uses innovative strategies to continually improve learning. Participates in development and support of their discipline by recommending books and materials, revising curricula, and recommending teaching assignments when appropriate. Maintains accurate and complete course records as required by law and the Board of Trustees Policies and Procedures Manual. Performs professional activities and assumes professional responsibilities as agreed upon with the division dean, and works with colleagues to achieve shared goals and visions. Values the collaborative process. Uses knowledge of diverse communities and learning styles and has the ability to incorporate diversity of delivery of such learning styles in instruction. Participates in student advising and registration. Utilizes technology to facilitate learning and to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others. Institutional Service Responsibilities (College and Dallas County Community College System): Meets professional assignments in accordance with the Systems calendar and contractual obligations. Complies with DALLAS COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM board policy, state and federal policy, and the student code of conduct as appropriate. Commits to college mission and goals through participating in planning division objectives and budget requests. Serves on and attends college and/or system committees as assigned. Participates in campus commencement exercise(s) as required by Board Policy and attends other required college meetings and activities. Participates in his/her own performance appraisal. Demonstrates ability to work effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds. Student Services Responsibilities: May work with student clubs and/or organizations. Community: Consistent with other DCCC job descriptions demonstrates verbal and written communication skills to support and enhance effective interaction between Dallas County Community College System and other organizations, businesses and community groups as well as faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds. Promotes the college in the community by participating in a variety of marketing activities. Professional Growth Responsibilities: Participates in professional development activities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- WHEN YOU ARE SUBMITTING PERSONAL DOCUMENTS SUCH AS TRANSCRIPTS AND RESUMES WITH YOUR APPLICATION, YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, BIRTHDAY AND RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION ARE REMOVED. DOCUMENTS BEARING THIS INFORMATION WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM. AND YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION UNTIL TRANSCRIPS/DOCUMENTS ARE CORRECT AND UPLOADED BEFORE POSITION CLOSES.
- PART TIME WORK EXPERIENCE IS CALCULATED AS HALF EX: 2 YEARS PART TIME WORK EXPERIENCE= 1 YEAR FULL TIME WORK EXPERIENCE
- TRANSCRIPTS FROM FOREIGN INSTITUTIONS MUST BE EVALUATED TO U.S. STANDARDS PRIOR TO SUBMISSION TO THE ONLINE APPLICATON
- THE APPLICATION ALONE IS USED TO DETERMINE IF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS ARE MET. PLEASE COMPLETE ALL PORTIONS OF THE APPLICATION, EVEN IF INCLUDING A RESUME,
# of Months:
Close Date: 08/25/2014
Open Until Filled: NoMinimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree or higher in political science, political philosophy, government, public policy, or public administration or Master's degree or higher in international relations or closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in political science, political philosophy, government, public policy, or public administration.
- One year of demonstrated teaching experience required.
- Demonstrated skills in successfully working with diverse populations through experiences such as formal training and past work experiences.
- The ability to provide quality customer service.
- Official transcripts will be required.
- *A criminal background check and/or fingerprinting will be conducted.*
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Will be required to participate in the assessment of student learning outcomes and continuous program improvement initiatives in the discipline.
- Must be willing to incorporate an integrative learning experience for students in GOVT 2306.
- This full-time teaching position is effective for the spring 2015 term, which begins Jan. 12.