Asst. Strength. & Cond. Coach
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Clemson University invites applicants for the position of Assistant Strength Coach. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Head Athletic Strength Coach. Responsibilities will include enhancing the physical and mental development of student-athletes through the use of specific training programs that intensify the physical strength and cardiovascular conditioning of the student-athlete.
JOB FUNCTIONS: All Duties are Essential
1. Coordinates the strength and conditioning programs for student athletes. 10%
2. Monitors the progress of student-athletes through verifiable records. 10%
3. Acts as a resource person for the development of off-season strength and conditioning programs. 10%
4. Works with each coach to develop strength and cardiovascular programs for student-athletes. 10%
5. Coordinates activities with the athletic training staff and team physicians, for required rehabilitative programs. 10%
6. Responsible for the overall image and environment of the strength and conditioning facility. 10%
Responsible for the motivational aspect of the student-athlete training program. 10%
7. Ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment and enforces safety procedures. 10%
8. Provides progress reports to the associate athletic director/director of marketing and/or head coaches for documentation of each student-athlete?s physical fitness, when requested. 10%
9. Represents the department at university, conference, and national organizational meetings, as requested. 10%
10. Attends athletic events, as requested or feasible and performs special projects as requested by the associate athletic director/director of marketing. 10%
A Master's Degree and 2 years collegiate experience.
PAY & WORK SCHEDULE:
Standard Hrs: 40; will work some nights and weekends.
Salary will commensurate with education and training.
JEANNE CLERY ACT:
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding areas. As a current or prospective Clemson University employee, you have a right to obtain a copy of this information for this institution. For more information regarding our Employment, Campus Safety and Benefits, please visit the Human Resources - Prospective Employees web page shown below:
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.