National Director of Facilities, Safety & Campus Security
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Office Building/Campus: Los Angeles- Downtown
Home Department: Facilities
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The National Director of Facilities, Safety and Campus Security provides day-to-day management of all facility related matters including safety, campus security, contracted services management including housekeeping, maintenance, and capital project planning and construction projects required to ensure the buildings and grounds are safe and sanitary for all students, visitors, faculty and staff in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. The National Director of Facilities, Safety and Campus Security must be a strong business leader who is proactive and able to set and execute on institutional goals and objectives.
- Administers, plans and coordinates the TCSPP National Facilities Department.
- Supervises, directly and indirectly, all National and campus-based full and part-time employees. Responsible for the development and training of these employees. Ensures compliance by supervised employees of all safety rules and procedures for work areas. Makes hiring recommendations, manages and evaluates all direct reports.
- Interact on a daily basis with students, faculty and staff in regards to campus services-related subjects.
- Prepares, negotiates, and administer bids for various department related services in compliance with the TCSPP Procurement Policy.
- Prepares and administers the Facilities Department annual budget in conjunction with the CFO. Make recommendations regarding annual budget for operating needs and costs.
- Develops and manages a space utilization plan for TCSPP to ensure efficient allocation and utilization of all National and campus facilities.
- Communicates Facilities initiatives and directives to the campus community.
- Manages a cost effective housekeeping and building maintenance plan including personnel assignments, performance tracing and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Prepares reports for the President and CFO as required to effectively communicate the goals and accomplishments of the Facilities Department.
- Provides consultation regarding compliance to campus community and manages the emergency preparedness and response activities.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for developing, implementing, and conducting safety training programs.
- Develops and administers a well-documented preventative maintenance program for all components of the buildings.
- Develops and manages a long term, deferred maintenance program for the preservation of all areas of the Facilities department.
- Manages and trains all Facilities Department staff as required to provide safe, cost effective, customer service oriented performance.
- Develops bid specifications and Requests for Proposal as required to meet the goals of the department.
- Liaison with local and state agencies regarding planning and permitting.
- Supervises plans, specifications, cost estimates and construction for all internal remodeling projects.
- Maintains the official school record of all drawings, specifications, layout, and design standards of the facilities
- Organizes the Facilities department to support services for major events such as commencement.
- Attends professional development opportunities to remain current with advancements and developments in facilities support.
- Oversee major aspects of facility construction, renovation, remodeling, and repairs. Work closely with staff, architects, planners, engineers and contractors to develop plans and oversee facility projects. Provide on-site coordination with outside entities contracted to provide work on capital projects; and maintenance work conducted on the campus. Oversee site work of maintenance and improvement projects to assure that appropriate construction standards and methods are maintained within local building code requirements
- Prepare, implement, and administer long-range and strategic plans, which ensure that all campus buildings, grounds, and equipment are maintained in a safe, secure, and usable condition.
- Maintain preventive and corrective maintenance programs for buildings, equipment, and systems. Assure that proper safety standards and the completion of assigned projects and tasks are done in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of full-time, directly related experience, in facilities management, remodeling, construction contracting, building construction or trades related.
- Knowledge of and management of regulatory compliance programs as required for Facilities systems.
- Experience working under pressure in emergency situations and/or adverse conditions.
- Experience with the development and management of specifications for outsourced services.
- Experience coordinating efforts across functions and departments, and working effectively within a matrix organization.
- Experience managing multiple administrative functions within a fast-paced and growth-oriented organization with the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to define issues, develop alternatives, and build solutions in a complex environment.
- Experience relating to and effectively working with multiple constituencies and ability to work effectively as a member of a leadership team
- Ability to participate in developing a collaborative vision and successfully implement that vision.
- Experience developing and managing a multi-site or multi-campus budgeting process
- Experience working in higher-education
- Ability to work with the appropriate national or state agencies
- Excellent analytical, professional, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Organizational skills and self-directed
- Effective communication skills
- Experience, and/or training with, computer applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, room scheduling software (Astra), emergency communications systems (Rave).
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.