Clinical Research Coordinator II
This position will be working in close collaboration with the VUMC Community Health Assessment (CHNA) leadership team to help ensure that VUMC is compliant with the 990 IRS requirements for non-profit hospitals related to development of community health needs assessments and implementation plans. This position assists with planning the needs assessment, coordinating data collection, accessing and updating secondary data, scheduling meetings to obtain internal and external feedback, writing assigned sections of reports and monitoring of the implementation strategy.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate procurement of relevant VUMC data.
• Create and update charts, graphs and tables for reports and presentations. Pull data as requested from secondary data sources. Utilize REDCap, Excel and other databases/data systems.
• Schedule, take notes, prepare materials and provide timely minutes for both internal and external meetings.
• Plan and implement focus groups and interviews including obtaining incentives, recruitment, logistics, note-taking and developing meeting summaries and reports.
• Manage Internal Review Board requirements, including amendments and continuing reviews.
• Coordinate and help write health needs assessment reports and implementation strategies. Prepare other key planning documents and presentations related to the CHNA/IS.
• Coordinate Community Summits including identifying meeting space, agendas, note-taking and invitations.
• Update and maintain VUMC's CHNA/IS website and assist with efforts to market the website to internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinate VUMC internal CHNA Advisory Committee meetings, including meeting scheduling.
• Support on-going monitoring and evaluation of VUMC's Implementation Strategy including data collection and ensuring alignment with priorities selected.
• Manage catalog/registry of VUMC programs and initiatives relevant to the implementation strategy and selected priorities. Coordinate registry updates and data collection efforts.
• Understand community benefit requirements for non-profit hospitals.
• Coordinate sub-contracts with HCI and other vendors.
• Stay abreast of 990 requirements and best practice recommendations for conduct of CHNA and IS (i.e. CDC recommendations) and of other CHNA/IS models nationally.
• Help maintain relationships with local public health departments, collaborating health systems, community organizations and other agencies.
• Maintain on-going communication and seek assistance as needed from the CHNA leadership.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience. Candidates with a Masters degree in public health, business, liberal arts discipline, or related field are preferred.
Preferred experiences include:
• Two years of work experience in a health care setting, research setting or a non-profit agency.
• Experience conducting community health needs assessments recommended.
• Experience working on community health improvement/public health initiatives.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge of software for managing data such as Excel
• Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Some local and in-state travel is required for the position.
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Primary Location TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization Inst for Medicine & Public Hea 104204