Job Development Specialist
Kern Community College District
Job Development Specialist
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide specialized assistance and service within the job development and job placement program; solicit employer interest and involvement in student employment; assist in the development of job training service programs and student job assessments.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree in business administration, public administration, marketing or a related field AND four years of responsible student services experience including experience involving analytical research and reporting.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Principles of training and providing work direction.
• Principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
• Principles and practices of marketing.
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Principles and practices of job placement program development and administration.
• Principles and practices of career development.
• Labor market employment trends.
• Business letter writing and report preparation.
• Principles and techniques of public relations.
• Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
• Develop and maintain community contacts.
• Research, organize and present a variety of employment data.
• Plan, implement and evaluate job placement services.
• Advise students in matters related to job placement.
• Develop and apply a variety of placement-related software.
• Work courteously with students and the general public on the telephone or in person.
• Train and provide work direction to assigned staff.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Position Number: 01073
Posting Date: 07/23/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,918.37 per month
Maximum Salary: $5,536.56 per month ($3,918.37 maximum entry level)
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Salary Grade: 43.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Thursday, August 7, 2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/4582
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.