Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Design, develop and prepare computer generated art for many different purposes including publications, books, posters, websites, slides, national scientific meetings, presentations, promotional items and demonstrations. This work is generated for the investigators of the Vanderbilt Vision Research Center and their laboratory members.
- Assessing investigators illustration needs by determining the use and purpose of the illustration. Assistance is provided with design ideas and suggestions as to what can be done to make the illustration more functional to its intended use.
- Providing assistance with questions regarding graphics software and design layout. Giving demonstrations when needed in the use of programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe GoLive, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Keeping up to date with the graphic industry's design trends and software programs. Researching and purchasing new software updates and products and technology relating to graphic design.
- Routinely establishing a deadline that meets each investigator's needs. Working quickly and finishing projects in a timely manner.
- Continual VVRC website design and maintenance
- Designing large format posters for national seminars (VSS and Society for Neuroscience)
- Designing promotional posters for vision guest speakers
- Converting book chapters and publication articles to digital readable PDF files.
- Performing other duties assigned which include minor video editing, photography, and digital slide production.
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week, position.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with Adobe Suite: Illustrator, GoLive and Photoshop
- Website design and maintenance experience required
- Video editing and photography skills required
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Wilson Hall
Organization Psychology 120660