Development and Alumni Relations Assistant, Leadership Annual Giving
Provide administrative support to three Leadership Annual Giving (LAG) development officers who each make face-to-face visits with Vanderbilt alumni, parents, and friends in order to raise money for the University and Medical Center. This position will report to the Senior Director of Leadership Annual Giving.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for LAG development officers, including booking flights, rental cars and hotel accommodations.
- Create and distribute the itineraries to LAG development officers.
- Submit travel authorization forms and prepare expense reimbursements on behalf of LAG development officers.
- Serve as liaison with Gift Processing and Research and Prospect Development offices.
- On occasion, schedule appointments with donors, and compose and draft correspondence as needed.
- Reconcile the LAG budget monthly which includes, reviewing the budget for any irregularities or variances; research, resolve and justify any discrepancies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school graduate or GED and one year of relevant experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and phone skills
- Computer skills with a specific knowledge of Word and Excel.
This is a full-time position.
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Job Development and Alumni Relations
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Baker Building
Organization DAR - Annual Giving 144430