Development and Alumni Relations Assistant, Leadership Annual Giving
Provide administrative support to three Leadership Annual Giving (LAG) development officers who each make face-to-face visits with Vanderbilt alumni, parents, and friends in order to raise money for the University and Medical Center. This position reports to the Senior Director of Leadership Annual Giving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and phone skills.
- Computer skills with a specific knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for LAG development officers, including booking flights, rental cars and hotel accommodations.
- Create and distribute the itineraries to LAG development officers.
- Submit travel authorization forms and prepare expense reimbursements on behalf of LAG development officers.
- Serve as liaison with Gift Processing and Research and Prospect Development offices.
- On occasion, schedule appointments with donors, and compose and draft correspondence as needed.
- Reconcile the LAG budget monthly which includes, reviewing the budget for any irregularities or variances; research, resolve and justify any discrepancies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Job Development and Alumni Relations
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Baker Building
Organization DAR - Annual Giving 144430