Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
STARS Requisition Number 25503BR
Department Sch of Management
University Job Title Student Services Officer 4
Posting Position Title Relationship Manager
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade 24
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address 165 Whit (mail:SOM)
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Position Focus: Reporting to the Deputy Director of Relationship Management in the Career Development Office (CDO) at the Yale School of Management (SOM), the Relationship Manager (RM) has two primary areas of focus: Leads the design, development and delivery of career development programming for the Master of Advanced Management student population. Leads the development and implementation of an industry-specific network for talent acquisition, determining appropriate targeted employers and conducts ongoing research aimed at developing expertise in marketplace trends, evolving industry-specific recruiting and talent management needs. The RM advises students and alumni in their pursuit of job opportunities, offering guidance and insight on both immediate and long-term career planning. Plans, coordinates and cultivates new corporate relationships to help generate job opportunities for students, both domestically and internationally. Work with current students and Yale SOM professional clubs, alumni, and employers to help identify existing and emerging opportunities, promotes Yale SOM talent to employers, and helps train and guides students in their pursuit of careers in designated spaces. Manages corporate presentations, networking nights, job fairs, student treks and other outreach activity. Becomes knowledgeable about past recruiting outcomes, including: frequency of internship and full-time hiring and overall needs for targeted accounts, number of alumni in industry and at particular firms, evolving industry hiring trends, and faculty research related to targeted industries. Guides employers in developing and executing on- and off-campus strategies for attracting Yale SOM talent. Conducts one-on-one advising of students and alumni on effective career planning. Creates content and delivers workshops and presentations on career-related topics and skills-building needs specifically targeted at a diverse and global student body in the MAM program.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information
Principal Responsibilities 1. Plans and executes admission, financial aid, internship, career services and student organization programs. Prepares and submits recommendations to admissions and financial aid committees. Plans and cultivates new corporate relationships to generate job opportunities both domestically and internationally.
2. Participates in long-range planning; recommends and contributes to the development of career services, financial aid, admissions, and student organization policies.
3. Provides guidance, advice and counseling on academic, admissions, financial aid and career services matters to students, student leaders and prospective students. Works with students, alumni and employers to identify existing and emerging employment opportunities.
4. Develops and analyzes statistical data to determine patterns and trends that impact and inform the directions of admissions, financial aid or student affairs. Conducts ongoing research on employment trends and evolving industry-specific recruiting and talent management needs.
5. Develops budgets and loan repayment schedules.
6. Develops systems for admissions, financial aid and student organization activities. Leads projects to continuously improve the use of technology.
7. Writes publications to inform students of developments within financial aid, admissions and student affairs offices.
8. Organizes and conducts corporate presentations, networking nights, and career fairs. Guide employers in developing and executing on and off campus strategies for attracting University talent.
9. Supervises and trains staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.Required Education and Experience Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and five years of experience in admissions, registration, placement, financial aid, student counseling or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Ability to make independent, responsible decisions that create positive outcomes for Yale SOM students, alumni, and employers.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Ability to manage people and projects involving a high degree of detail and requiring strong organizational skills. Facility with MS Office and expertise with database systems.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Knowledge of MBA career paths and job opportunities.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Superior interpersonal skills and aptitude transferable to advising students/alumni and providing strategic advice to employers.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Excellent public speaking, presentation, and communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: MBA and significant global experience, especially with diverse populations. Five years of career coaching, business development, MBA recruiting, talent management, and/or corporate relationship-building experience in the private sector and/or higher education, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to do extensive travel - domestic and international.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All External candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.