Assistant Coach W Tennis
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
STARS Requisition Number 26378BR
University Job Title Assistant Coach
Posting Position Title Assistant Coach W Tennis
Bargaining Unit None
Job Category Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment Full Time
Duration Type Regular
Salary Grade 23
Part Year or Seasonal Position, Months Worked: 12
Part Year or Seasonal Position, Months Paid 12
Work Location Central Campus
Worksite Address RTH 212
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Total # of hours to be worked: 37.5
Position Focus: Assist the Head Coach with all aspects of program including coaching, recruiting, administration, practices, competitions and alumni relations.
Department URL Address: Click here for more information
Principal Responsibilities 1. Participates in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices and contests.
2. Evaluates the athletes' performance and progress to ensure peak performance during practices and contests.
3. Oversees the mental and physical preparation of athletes for contests; assists in the development of conditioning programs.
4. Scout sand evaluates opponents' performance and recommends game strategy based on that evaluation.
5. Oversees the recruitment of prospective student athletes; evaluate prospective students' athletic and academic abilities and present Head Coach with recruits for final selection.
6. Participates in planning for alumni events including fund raising or other special functions. 7. May perform other duties as assigned.Required Education and Experience 1. Bachelor's degree and one year of collegiate coaching experience or the equivalent the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Knowledge of NCAA and Ivy League regulations.
Required Skill/Ability 1: Ability to motivate and lead a team.
Required Skill/Ability 2: Well developed counseling, teaching, recruiting, managerial, administrative and fund raising skills. Skillfully manages individual, group and organizational interactions.
Required Skill/Ability 3: Effectively uses verbal, nonverbal, writing and listening skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4: Organizes tasks and manages time effectively.
Required Skill/Ability 5: Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive work environment.
Required Licenses or Certifications Professional certification in water safety, advanced life-saving, health services, first aid, CPR or other areas may be required for some positions.
Weekend Hours Required? Yes
Evening Hours Required? Yes
Drug Screen No
Health Screening No
Background Check Requirements All External and Internal candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.