Sr. Salesforce Business and Technology Administrator
Sr. Salesforce Business and Technology Administrator-14000514
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology products and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide IT services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, web services, classroom and computer lab technology support, and user support, training and outreach.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director for Application Services, the Senior Salesforce Business and Technology Administrator will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the university to provide a vision, design, configure and support the Tufts Enterprise Salesforce instance. This instance will be used initially to provide enhanced customer relationship management capabilities as part of the 'Tufts Effectiveness in Administrative Management' (TEAM) program but over time will be used more broadly across Tufts. Responsibilities include executing day-to-day configuration, testing, training, maintenance and general application support of the Salesforce platform. This position will address and solve critical business and functional problems and act as the primary technical expert by providing consulting and expertise to all Salesforce projects across the university.
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of relevant technical experience and at least 2 years of technical Salesforce Administrator experience.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality, governor limits, especially with Service Cloud, Communities & Chatter.
- Expert knowledge including configuration and support experience of Salesforce administration functions including profiles, roles, sharing rules, groups, permissions, security, fields, page layouts, record types, validation rules, data management, reporting, dashboards, workflow, triggers and assignment rules, and managing communities.
- Ability to Interface with business users and technical staff and be responsible for delivering complete work products.
- Ability to analyze business needs and design, configure and deliver solutions; perform date migration related activities, document best practices and operational procedures, and maintain/enhance data integrity.
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically and to exercise sound judgment in problem-solving and priority/goal setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction to audiences of varying technical backgrounds.
- Salesforce Service Cloud Certification and/ or Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification
- Previous work experience in higher education.
- Experience working closely with functional business leaders in Human Resources or Finance.
- Experience working in a call center / service center environment, including work with telephony technology.
- Experience in APEX and SOQL
- Experience in configuring interfaces in to / out of Salesforce using APIs.
- Experience working with vendors/partners to configure/develop software applications externally.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position will often include evenings and weekends, and additional work hours beyond the normal 35 hour schedule.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.