Human Resources Compliance Manager
Human Resources Compliance Manager
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department Human Resources
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Open Until Filled Yes
Manage and ensure institutional compliance in all areas of Human Resources.
Principal Duty and Responsibility
Monitors compliance of all existing governmental, labor, and reporting requirements including, but not limited to:
- Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (AA/EEO)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Discrimination (racial, gender, religious etc.)
- Drug Free Campus Act
- Employee Retirement Income Security Action of 1974 (ERISA)
- Equal Pay
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Foreign National/Immigration
- HIPAA for Employees
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Privacy and Security
- Sexual Harassment
- Title IX
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- WARN Act
- Assist in the resolution of employee relation matters including discipline action and conflict resolution, and conduct workplace investigations of harassment, discrimination and policy violations.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources team, writes, revises and edits policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
- Monitors compliance of all existing governmental, labor legal, and reporting requirements including, but not limited to, any related to the I-9, E-Verify, Labor Law Postings, Document Retention, Policy Manual, EEO, ADA, FMLA, DFEHA, the Department of Labor, workers’ compensation, OSHA and MA unemployment claims.
- Support the Vice President for Human Resources in the development and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, to all levels of staff and management, expressing ideas and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Compiles HR data and analyzes complex information, researches and develops solutions to complex issues.
- Advises on employment statutes, rules, regulations and policies affecting faculty and staff.
- Educate, inform and support departments in matters of compliance.
- Assist with special HR-related projects and provide training to other staff members as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Higher Education and HR environment, specialized in HR Compliance.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all business matters.
- Familiarity with mandated state and federal compliance issues within Higher Education
- Working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws and related acts.
- Strong proficiency in computer skills and MS applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented, hands-on, strong customer service orientation with demonstrated desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and meet competing priorities and deadlines.
- Great organizational skills with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics.
- Must have a good sense of humor.
- Cover Letter
- List of References