Learning Technology Consultant
Serving the people of Minnesota and beyond, the University of Minnesota Duluth takes full advantage of its Northeast Minnesota location on the dramatic shores of Lake Superior to offer a quality living and learning experience. UMD eagerly embraces a global future while maintaining a strong presence in the cultural, economic, and intellectual life of the Duluth community, the Northland, the state, and the nation.
The Information Technology Systems and Services (ITSS) department at the University of Minnesota Duluth has a full-time Academic Technologist Level 2 position available beginning August 18, 2014.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- collaborating with instructors and researchers of all disciplines to identify, develop and implement appropriate technology solutions for teaching and learning.
- troubleshooting course design and delivery issues and follow through until issues and problems are resolved or escalated.
- planning and delivering individual or group faculty development workshops using a variety of teaching methods in response to faculty and instructional needs.
- ensuring that the needs, interests and opinions of all are heard and acted upon.
Required qualifications include:
- a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution/university or equivalent international university.
- two years of related academic technology experience with a related bachelor's degree, or four years of related academic technology experience with a non-related bachelor's degree. No additional experience required with a Master's degree.
- experience with educational technology.
- strong customer service skills.
- experience and background working with customers, colleagues and teams.
- excellent written communication skills.
The University of Minnesota requires that you apply online for this position. For a complete position description and information on how to apply online, visit http://employment.umn.edu/, and search for Job Requisition 191917 or use this quicklink. Complete applications will be reviewed beginning August 6, 2014. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.