LIBRARIAN – INSTRUCTION & E-LEARNING LIBRARIAN (140089)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This Librarian position reports to the Director of Library & TLCC and is an excellent opportunity within the College’s Winter Haven campus library. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Librarians work with the Library and TLCC Director to coordinate and facilitate all areas of library services. The librarian’s primary function is to support the instructional programs at by providing library users (students, staff, faculty, and community users) with quality information services including instruction in the use of information tools and resources. The Librarian collaborates with the faculty to improve service, participate in college-wide activities and committees, and perform additional duties as needed and assigned.
- Provides instruction in the use of information resources (both electronic and print) and technologies to student, faculty and staff groups, and individuals.
- Assists students, faculty, staff and community users in locating, evaluating and accessing materials.
- Assumes responsibility for the daily operation of the library and library staff.
- Develops instructional resources in print, electronic and multimedia formats to assist users and promote information literacy and critical thinking techniques.
- Participate in collection development – print, non-print, and online resources.
- Supervises and facilitates circulation, reserves and interlibrary loan services.
- Maintains records and statistics necessary for planning and improvement.
- Provides support for online learning using a variety of technologies.
- Designs, develops and implements online learning objects and content modules to support online information literacy instruction.
- Conducts assessment of the library’s information literacy instruction programs and collaborates with faculty and staff on assessment of information literacy general education outcomes across the curriculum.
This position is a level P15.Required Skills
- Proficient use of computers and the Internet including basic software programs, webpage maintenance, multimedia tools.
- Ability to work with a diverse community and meet the needs of a variety of learning and personality styles.
- A commitment to public service and student success.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to teach and work with groups and individuals.
- Embraces change and explores new ideas.
- Expertise in searching and retrieving information from a variety of formats and sources.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Masters Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school.
A minimum of 1 year of academic library experience, including experience in library instruction, is required
Additional related experience, preferably in higher education, is preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements: A completed online application consists of a resume and an electronic job application.
- Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for any stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
- Non-Instructional Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcript(s) during the hiring process is welcomed, but not required.
- Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Veterans’ Preference: Eligible applicants may use the Documentation Form to apply for Veterans’ Preference for positions in qualifying categories. The DD-214 and all required documentation must be submitted with the completed application for consideration.
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on August 11, 2014.
As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.