Public Relations & Events Coordinator, Part Time Temporary
Rowan University's College of Science & Mathematics (CSM) is in search of a part-time (approximately 29 hours per week) public relations professional who has experience in marketing, advertising, publications, and online communication, and event planning. The person will write stories and coordinate the production of brochures, newsletters, postcards, posters, and websites. The position also involves special event planning and strategic planning in marketing. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
* Work with the Office of Media & Public Relations
* Work with faculty and students to identify news stories
* Develop, launch, and maintain print and electronic marketing campaigns
* Maintain internal database for mailings
* Develop and manage e-newsletters and email blast campaigns
* Manage social media (i.e., Facebook, QR, Twitter, Foursquare) and website presence
* Work with student interns
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* A bachelor's degree in a related field is required
* The ability to write clear, concise, and compelling copy (strong writing background)
* Three years of experience in public relations or marketing fields
* Working knowledge of InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Drupal
* Proven ability to manage projects from inception to completion (e.g., planning through production)
All applications must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, two writing samples, and a copy of a marketing collateral piece.
Inquires may be addressed to Dr. Tricia Yurak, firstname.lastname@example.org.Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.