Head Track & Field Coach / Equipment Room Manager
The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic, comprehensive college of about 4,500 students. Located in the city of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital District, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet. Through a strong liberal education curriculum and progressive academic programs, Saint Rose serves traditional students and working professionals in undergraduate, graduate degree and certificate programs.
The College of Saint Rose is an award winning employer. We are a six time recipient of the Chronicle of Higher Education's prestigious "GREAT COLLEGES TO WORK FOR award, and have been recognized by the Capital District Business Review and the Times Union as a top workplace . Our employees enjoy a close-knit community based on the values of honesty, trust, respect, fairness, responsibility and the free exchange of ideas.
Head coach shall oversee and direct all aspects of coaching a Division II intercollegiate team, including recruitment of talented student-athletes; overseeing pre-season and post-season conditioning and related activities; in-season practices and contests; general management and development of the program; operating within the guidelines of The College of Saint Rose and its affiliations; working closely and effectively with athletics administrators and representing The College of Saint Rose in a positive and professional manner. Secondary responsibilities include oversight and management of the equipment room operations.
Oversee and direct all aspects of coaching a Division II men’s and women’s indoor and outdoor Track & Field intercollegiate program. Provide general management and ongoing development of the program, including:
- Meet annual recruiting goals
- Develop and maintain a competitive intercollegiate program
- Limit program attrition and maintain stable roster through retention of student-athletes
- Monitor and support student-athlete academic progress
- Ensure that institutional/NCAA/NE10 rules and regulations are followed, with no major violations
- Manage program budget as identified prior to the start of each academic year
- Manage team fundraising activities
- Oversee and support team involvement in community service, AOD programs and other sponsored events
- Manage related program administrative duties, including: compliance, equipment inventory, and requirements of related support service areas (ie. SID, AT, facilities and game management)
- Provide oversight of daily operations of Equipment Room
- Supervise Equipment Room Coordinator in the purchasing process for uniforms and supplies
- Provide Equipment Room coverage during out-of-season and summer vacation periods
- Actively participate in Athletics Department meetings and activities and assist with special events
- While out of season for Track and Field, complete the following responsibilities:
- Maintain the inventory of all team uniforms/equipment/supplies
- Work with coaches and staff to determine uniform and supplies orders, including price comparisons, styles and sizing, within annual budget allocations.
- Prepare purchase orders for uniforms/equipment/supplies and manage related screening & embroidery.
- Oversee receipt and processing of ordered items, including verifying package slips.
- Coordinate issue and return, and repairs or replacement of team uniforms and equipment
Full Year, Full time
Daytime, evenings and weekend hours required.
During the Track & Field season, equipment room responsibilities are limited and priority is given to the coaching duties. During the summer months (mid-May-August), this position resumes most of equipment room responsibilities.
Salary range in the upper $30K's, depending upon experience
Compensation includes comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
- Experience in Track & Field at the NCAA varsity or professional level
- Previous coaching and recruiting experience at the secondary level or above is preferred
- Strong organizational, written/oral and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with equipment purchasing, receivables and inventory control preferred.
- Intermediate level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules
- Annual First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lb.