Temporary Human Resources Assistant
Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- 350 Orleans
Home Department: Human Resources
Position Type: Staff Position
Employment duration: Full time
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Temporary Human Resources (HR) Assistant to join the Human Resources department.
The HR Assistant will join the HR team in supporting a population of over 1,400 employees, consisting of both staff and faculty at TCS Education System and its affiliate schools, including The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School, The Santa Barbara and Ventura Colleges of Law, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University. This HR Assistant will assist in areas of recruitment and selection, benefits, onboarding, procedure documentation, and other projects that support the annual goals of the department.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection process including reviewing résumés and updating data in the applicant tracking system, conducting phone screens, making recommendations for interviews, scheduling interviews, sending offer letters/onboarding paperwork to new hires, and processing new hire onboarding.
- Assisting with benefits administration such as tracking and processing enrollment, preparing correspondence, and annual benefit enrollment activities.
- Assisting with updating and organizing HR-related policies to new compliance format.
- Collaborating with the HR department on initiatives such as new employee orientation, onboarding, and talent branding.
- Maintaining HR data in accordance with established procedures.
- Scanning HR-related documents to electronic personnel files.
- Providing general office support as needed, including making copies, preparing correspondence, and other office related tasks.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills - both verbally and written.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Relates well to all kinds of people by building appropriate rapport and constructive/effective relationships.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to two years human resources support experience (three to four years preferred) with experience using an employee information system and applicant tracking system required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners—The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children’s School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University—each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience. For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu