Assistant AD for Compliance
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Basic Function: Along with the associate athletics director for compliance services, responsible for ensuring those aspects of the athletics operation most directly regulated by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and institutional rules. Provide leadership for compliance services in the absence of the associate athletics director for compliance services.
Specific duties, but not limited to the following:
Assist the associate athletics director for compliance services by overseeing the day-to-day activities of the three full-time compliance staff members in the overall development, administration, monitoring and evaluation of systems to maintain institutional control of the intercollegiate athletics program. Specifically:
1. Manage three full-time staff members during the calendar year by assigning daily tasks and reviewing tasks for completion prior to the designated due date. E/40%
2. Provide comprehensive rules compliance services to all administrators, sports staffs and student-athletes in regards to providing rules interpretation of NCAA, ACC or institutional rules within 24 hours of a specific request. E/35%
3. Develop rules education programs outlining NCAA, ACC and institutional rules and policies to the institution's 19 intercollegiate teams/student-athletes and support units such as Financial Aid, Admissions, Registrar's office and Athletic Academic Support. E/5%
4. Provide agent and gambling information to student-athletes and staffs. Communicate with agents and financial advisors to maintain an updated list of registered agents. Communicate with the SC Department of Consumer Affairs to stay abreast of State rules and regulations. E/5%
5. Collaborate with the institution's sports communications department to maintain the compliance services website and insure that the site contains updated materials for coaches, student-athletes and fans/boosters. E/5%
6. Administer home and away complimentary guest tickets for football student-athletes and monitor game day activities during the season to insure NCAA, ACC and institutional policies. E/5%
7. Perform other essential duties or special projects assigned by the associate athletics director for compliance service by the specified deadline. E/5%
Primary Contacts: This position interacts with senior-level athletics department and university administrators, coaches, prospective and enrolled student-athletes and their parents.
Essential Qualifications: Bachelors degree with three years NCAA Division I work experience. Extensive knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance procedures. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior administrators, coaches, student-athletes, boosters and general public. Demonstrates strong written and verbal skills. Commitment to ethical and moral decision-making.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree. Five to six years of athletics related work experience. Three years campus experience as a student-athlete, coach or administrator.
PAY & WORK SCHEDULE:
Standard Hrs: 40; Band: Salary commensurate with credentials and experience.
Clemson Main Campus
JEANNE CLERY ACT:
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus security information including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding areas. As a current or prospective Clemson University employee, you have a right to obtain a copy of this information for this institution. For more information regarding our Employment, Campus Safety and Benefits, please visit the Human Resources - Prospective Employees web page shown below:
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.